The CLUSTER project is funded by the European Union as part of the ENI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin Program, and is executed by a consortium of partners from Italy, Cyprus, France, Jordan, Palestine, Spain and Tunisia.
The primary objective of the CLUSTER project is to foster a multi-stakeholder,integrated and regional approach in order to establish a supportive environment for youth and women employment opportunities. This goal is achieved by providing employability skills to women and young (18-30 age range) NEETs, in the domains of Blue Economy, Circular Economy, Green Economy and Sustainable Agriculture, fostering long-term partnerships between TVET institutions and the private sector, and raising awareness among public authorities and policymakers
CLUSTER is capitalizing on the successful results and best practices of “EGREJOB”, “HELIOS”, “RESMYLE”, “MaharatMED” and “BlueSkills” projects.
CLUSTER seeks to :
- Help women and young people (18-30 age range) who are not in education, employment, or training (NEETS), find work by offering tailored training and mentoring programs that are based on specific needs and proven methods.
- Create connections between vocational training institutions, small and medium-sized businesses, and industry leaders in the sustainable economy field through local, regional, and cross-border collaborations, networking, and sharing of best practices.
- Involve government officials and policymakers in creating a supportive environment for youth and women employment through action plans, policy reports, and advocacy efforts at the Euromed level.
The CLUSTER capacity building program was developed based on input from local stakeholders in partner regions, following a workshop in Amman. The program offers the following services:
- Online training: covering four sector-specific topics (Basic Level): Aquaponics, Hydroponics, Sustainable Food Processing, and Organic Agriculture, as well as training in soft and employment skills, with a total of 36 hours of asynchronous learning per topic (learners can complete the training on their own pace).
- On-site training: provided to the most distinguished online trainees, with 25 hours of hands-on and practical training the sector-specific topics at the location of a business in one of the 4 sectors (Aquaponics, Hydroponics, Sustainable Food Processing, Organic Agriculture) or any other suitable training venue, delivered by experienced trainers.
- Coaching and mentoring sessions: aiming to help trainees improve their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) skills and knowledge through one week of sessions and personal work, with the involvement of private sector representatives in evaluating the CSR initiatives developed.
- Internship: A paid internship of up to 3 months, intended to enhance learners working life skills provided to a selected group of onsite trainees.